Thursday, December 4, 2008

The sweet innocence of childhood

We have all of our Xmas lights/decorations up and Madison and I put up our tree yesterday. After it was finished, she just sat on the couch, almost in awe, just staring at it. After a few minutes, with Christmas music in the background, she quietly asked me...."Mommy, do you REALLY think Santa Claus is going to bring me presents?" Like she just can't believe it. As though it's been fun to talk about it, and circle toys in magazines, and write/mail a letter to Santa, but now that the tree is up, and it's for real, now she almost can't believe somebody she doesn't know may really bring her all the goodies her precious little heart longs for.

That comment has made me smile for the last 24 hours. It makes me want to buy just a few more little trinkets to make it more special. She is going to have a very nice Christmas. She's a very lucky little girl to have so many wonderful people in her life who care so deeply for her and always strive to make her life A+++.

**Ok, after that sappy, serious blog, I'll add a funny quote my daughter told my mom the other day. My mom stepped on the scale (I will not disclose although my mom is fabulous). My scale has something on it that tells you what your body fat percentage is. Well, Madison decided she wanted to step on the scale and when she was done, she looked at my mom and said, (in a real na-nee-na-nee-boo-boo type of tone), "My fat is more than yours Grandma". My mom and I just laughed and my mom said that we definitely have to remember to tell her this when she gets older. :D**

1 comment:

Hippie Family... said...

CUTE- you can outsource her to my place to get on the scale after me too!!!
:D