Saturday, November 29, 2008

How was your Thanksgiving?


Mine was awesome! We had a ton of different food and I ate some really tasty stuff...and then had a little more....from cheese and crackers to cookies and chocolate covered pretzels...to turkey and stuffing to cranberry salad, a pineapple whipped cream salad and the jello/cream cheese/whip cream/pretzel salad...MMMMM. Everyone ate a lot and we all had a really really good time. Brian and I just bought a WII about a week ago and the family really had fun with it. Madison and my little nephew were boxing and playing golf..but the real fun started when myself, Matt, my mom and my mom-in-law played a game of bowling. Seing the 2 moms play the WII was great! My mom actually bowled the high score of the night..but I must say, I kicked all their butts in our head to head challenge. :D

Jody's body has been aching terribly over the last few months and so I let her try out my body massage pad. She layed in my bed for awhile with it and then sat on it for the rest of the night and I think I saw her eyes roll back in her head. It was great to see her smile! Needless to say, I let her borrow it and take it home. I think she's in love.

The kids had a blast. They played inside and outside and rode bikes and jumped on the trampoline and ate way too many cookies....but hey, whatever...I'm the kind of mom who thinks her child should thoroughly enjoy the holidays, just like I do. Basically, on the major holidays, I don't really make her eat the good stuff...I let her decide and if it's cakes and cookies for those few special days, then so be it. A kid should be a kid if you ask me. I don't want to ever regret making her do something or not letting her do something. I want to look back over the special times of year and know that she truly enjoyed herself and was given the chance to just be a kid and do what kids are supposed to do...eat a ton of cookies! :D (Now that's it back to the non-holidays, the cookies have been put away and sweets are limited of course.)

My mom and dad spent the night..both were not feeling well at all. They are such troopers though. They stayed home w/ Madison all day so that Brian and I could do our Black Friday shopping, which we did. We started out at 4:45 a.m. and didn't get home until 3 in the afternoon! I got a lot of stuff done though.

Today it was back to work as usual. I have a ton of real estate stuff do to since I slacked off the last few days. Brian hung our lights outside today. Tomorrow, if I have the energy, I would like to put up the tree, but we shall see.

(By the way, this photo is of Madison taking a picture of herself)

So....how was YOUR Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

Hippie Family... said...

glad you let her have things. I feel better now thinking I am not the only first time mom that gives my kids things before they are suppose to...
oops french fries!